A potpourri of mountains, rainforests, and glaciers, Canada is a journey towards unspoilt nature. But, there is something very inviting about Canada more than it’s beauty. Filled with friendly people of all sorts, the country is very inviting and it exudes with a warmth that comforts even the finicky kind. This also explains the reason why tourists flock to Canada in huge numbers. Talking about travellers, Indians favourite Canada and if you are one of them, this article is definitely for you. Canada tourist visa for Indians is at your grabs and here is how to apply.
Before we take you through the process, we would suggest you check if you need a visa to visit Canada and also go through the eligibility criteria to understand where you stand.
So, there are two ways Indians can apply for a Canadian tourist visa.
– On paper
1. Download the checklist of documents and the visitor form from here.
2. Start filling in the form. To do that you will need the latest version of Adobe Reader. Though you have opted for the on paper format, you should be connected to the internet while filling in the form. The reason being, there is a unique barcode that is generated for every application. Once you have completed the form you have to click on the validate button to generate the barcode. In case, you are making additional changes after the barcode is created, click on the validate button again to create a new code.
Written forms are not accepted. If you are not comfortable filling in the form, you could opt for the chargeable assisted service. They are available at the Visa application centre. To use this, you have to sign a consent form available at the Visa centre. You can also fill out the form directly at the application centre by using the self-service workstation which is available at an hourly charge.
Related read: Visa on arrival for Indians
3. Print the form on a non-glossy, white paper (preferably bond quality). While you are printing make sure the 2D barcode is visible. Again, you can use the self-service kiosk for a nominal fee.
4. Work on the other visa-related documents as mentioned on the checklist. If you are not able to submit all the required documents as mentioned on the checklist, then you have to fill and sign the waiver form.
5. Make your payment on the website. Canada tourist visa for Indians (single & multiple entry) costs 100 CAD which is 5,260 INR. Both entries are valid for 10 years and allow a maximum of 6 months stay. Canadian tourist visa for a family of 5 or more (single or multiple entry) costs 500 CAD which is 26,305 INR. The cost is for families who apply for a visa at the same time.
If you are not able to pay online, you can make the payment when you are at the Visa application centre. Pay in cash at the counter and use the VFS Global corporate credit card to pay.
6. Plan your visit to the VFS. In India, the Canadian visa application centre is at 10 different locations – New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Hyderabad, Pune, and Ahmedabad. They are all open Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
7. Submit your visa application at any one of the centres. If there is no visa centre in the city and you cannot travel, you can courier your documents. Reach out to the tourist visa helpline to be doubly sure. You can also request someone close to you to submit your documents at the centre. But, to do that you have to sign the VFS Global consent form. In case, you are applying as a family, just one person can submit the form for everybody.
8. Wait for the visa to be processed. As per the official website, the visa processing for a Canadian tourist visa for Indians takes a maximum of 41 days.
9. Once your visa is processed, you will get notified and you can either go in direct to collect your passport or request it to be delivered over courier.
The online processing is the same as offline. A few things to know in the online process are as follows:
- Instead of downloading the form and filling it, you will be filling it directly on the website. The validation process will remain the same. And, this time it has to be an electronic signature.
- You have to scan all the required documents as per the visa checklist and upload it directly on the VFS website.
- Though you will submit the documents online, you have to still visit the visa centre to submit your passport. As mentioned in the paper process, you can courier it or ask a representative to submit on your behalf.
Canada tourist visa, unlike Schengen visa, is not complicated at all. Follow the process through and through, submit all the documents required, and it will be a breeze. And to get a complete experience of Canada, book a trip with us. It doesn’t take more than 5 mins! Easy peasy right 😉